Thursday, January 26, 2012

Frida Kahlo

Words from Frida Kahlo.

“They thought I was a Surrealist, but I wasn't. I never painted dreams. I painted my own reality.”

"I paint my own reality. The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration"

"I think that little by little I'll be able to solve my problems and survive" 

“My painting carries with it the message of pain.”  

“I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best.”

"I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it's true I'm here, and I'm just as strange as you."


“Mai in vita mia
Dimenticherò la tua presenza.
Tu mi hai presa quando ero spezzata
E mi hai riparata
Su questa terra troppo piccola
Dove potrei mai voltare il mio sguardo?
Così immenso, così profondo!
Non c'è più tempo. Non c'è più nulla. Distanza. C'è soltanto la realtà.
Quello che è stato, è stato per sempre.”



"Never in my life
Will I forget your presence.
You've taken me when I was broken
And I have repaired
On this earth too small
Where could I turn my gaze?
So immense, so deep!
There's no time. There's nothing left. Distance. There is only reality.
What was, was for ever. "
 
(for T)


No comments:

Post a Comment