Friday, November 11, 2011

Street Style: Beginnings

So I am going to be adding some Street Style posts to this little slice of internet pie. I've been traipsing (yes, traipsing) around NY stopping people on the street and asking to take their picture. I was nervous at first, but I am realizing that it is such a lovely way to interact with strangers.

In NY, people are so close and crowded together. New Yorkers have a hardness, an armor. But when a stranger comes up to you and says "Hey, you look great today!", people light up and talk to you.

Oh and I've become a fan of lurking on street corners, surreptitiously taking photos of footwear.

I am also going to try to do outfit posts of what I'm wearing, have patience while I get the hang of taking pics of myself with no tripod. Here are some shots to start...enjoy!

Her posture, the colors and proportions. Et Chanel? Mondieux.

That is a perfect hat. Timeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment