Thursday, September 22, 2011

Good Morning Fall Pastels.

This morning Etsy Shop "That Old Blue House" featured me in a beautiful Treasury. It got me thinking about 'seasonal colors' and how I really love/hate them.

Example: There is nothing more fun than on the first cool fall day than wearing my favorite leather boots, lace tights, and burgundy dress with a big chunky scarf. But other days, I want to wear the pale pastels and neons I have been obsessing with all summer. Hmmm...how to take brights and pastels, and still have them work for fall....I feel a fashion-y challenge coming on. More on that later, back to the Treasury.

Ben, rocking his own tats and a Nora's Necessities Tie!
That Old Blue House featured my orange 60s Mod Men's Necktie, which was wonderfully modeled by my friend Ben.

Check out his tattoo! Perfectly autumnal. Ben is an amazing chef and baker, who studied bread baking in Germany under a Master Bread Baker. (not kidding, the guy was written up in the NY times, and he made bread inspired by different kinds of music. For real) Rock on Ben, you are giving that tie a run for it's money.

 SO here is the treasury without further ado...

'59th and Vine.....' by ThatOldBlueHouse2


Townie Bicycle - Fine Art Ph...
$30.00

polka-dot .vintage. hair bow
$18.00

White Owl necklace - with Sm...
$16.00

StoCK Up Your STOCKINGS 60s ...
$16.00

Enamel Earrings Post Earring...
$26.00

classic brass accent lamp se...
$145.00

Globe by Replogle Globes, 10...
$32.00

Mod Scooter Dress / 1960s 60...
$38.00

FRISKIES - armwarmes/fingerl...
$35.00

Ooak art doll, Cecilia, poly...
$31.00

Peeping Cream and Sugar Set
$24.00

Custom bird in flight neckla...
$45.00

The Peony Olive Oil Soap Bar...
$5.50

Afterdinnerlight, wall light...
$79.00

Old Coffee Cup 5 Cents Sign ...
$9.00

60s Mod Men's Necktie. D...
$12.00

Oh I just adore teals, yellows, corals, pale pinks, orange and teal combos. Its all I wanted to wear this summer. That Old Blue House's shop is amazing. They make "Unique jewelry created with well-loved but forgotten pieces of vintage lace, quilts, paper, buttons and found objects." What a lovely lovely concept, and their creations are stunning!

Thanks to my Mom, I grew up around fabric. My mom is a professional fiber artist, and growing up, our house had quilts and fabric EVERYWHERE.
 In addition to making her own unique art, my Mom was constantly finding old antique quilts that were falling apart and restoring them. Sometimes even her skills can't save fabrics that have deteriorated.

That Old Blue House does something really special by preserving fabrics and lace in their Jewelry.
I wonder if one day, years from now, I'll wear one of my Mother's quilts around my neck.

Pink Splash Crazy Quilt Earrings
Chained Vintage Lace Necklace
Remembered Blue Vintage Trim Earrings

 Find them on facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/thatoldbluehouse.

4 comments: