Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sup Interwebs....

Hey there interwebs, my name is Nora. I am a 24 year old queer Stone Femme. I grew up in Los Angeles, and I lived and went to school in Montreal for five years before coming to Brooklyn in September 2010. If you think Los Angeles isn't awesome you should read anything by Francesca Lia Bloch or check out the Museum of Jurassic Technology or go to the Venice Boardwalk. Brooklyn is also awesome. It has everything you need. Even supplies for superheros. For serious.
This exists in Brooklyn.
 I am currently slogging my way through a Masters at NYU at the Gallatin School of Individualized Study. Translation: A Choose your own Adventure Masters. I am focusing my studies on Sexuality and the Trans Community and I hope to eventually write a thesis. Without gut-wrenching procrastination. So starting a blog is a great idea. 

For some reason this represents how I feel about school right now.
I have an Etsy shop (Nora's Necessities), and I spend an inordinate amount of time working it. I started it in Los Angeles this summer, and I have found it addicting.
 

Selling on Etsy dangerously combines some of my favorite activities; talking and thinking about fashion, thrift shopping for vintage clothing and treasures, photography, learning about different decades, collaging (making treasuries), networking, collecting, and did I mention thrift shopping?
Oh darling work it.
 Nora's Necessities carries vintage notions of all kinds, for all fabulous vixens, housewives/husbands, collectors, and just about everyone. I try to find vintage items of all sizes, for all genders, for all ages.

I am always trying to find all kinds of models, of all sizes, genders, colors, ages, abilities, tattooed....etc. Mostly my friends model for me. I hope to post Etsy things on here, give you deals, show you behind the scenes, share treasuries and all that bru-ha-ha. Ooooh and post some fashionbloggery!

Mala Rodriguez wants you to notice her awesome eyeliner.

I DJ under the name Noisy Nora, so hopefully I will be sharing some music with you. I have very eclectic music taste, some of my faves are Wanda Jackson, Lil Kim, Otis Redding, Patti Smith, and Mala Rodriguez to name a few.

Identity and anti-oppression politics are important to me so I may be musing about intersectionality or phenomenology or gender neutral bathrooms or what have you. (Dear academia i lovehate you.)

Hey there I am milk glass.
 I have five tattoos, and I would love to get more and talk about awesome tattoos and tattoo artists on here. 

I love milk glass, mad men, ballet, punk, queers, butches, Patrick Califia books, talking about gender theory, Montreal in the summer, very very fluffy cats, Ru Paul's drag race, peanut butter and chocolate, my wonderful partner, Los Angeles, the fall, 50's dresses, my chosen family, staying up late, John waters movies, and lots lots more. Hopefully I will have time to get to it all.


 Basically, I am hoping to carve out my own little slice of ecclectic internet pie.

I hope you're with me. We can eat internet pie together.

            XXXO,  
                    Nora
Peanut Butter Chocolate Internet Pie. For you.
              

1 comment:

  1. I like the pie you have on offer, Nora! Nice to read you again. :)

    ReplyDelete